Depression and Anxiety
Depression and anxiety can be an intense and overwhelming obstacle in living the life you want. Effective treatment is possible and psychotherapy can assist you in removing the restraining forces that prevent you from living the life you want. Many start to find relief from just a few visits and find that psychotherapy helps them make lasting changes.
Do you suffer from Anxiety or Depression?
Common symptoms for depression (according to WEBMD) include...
- Difficulty concentrating, remembering details, and making decisions
- Fatigue and decreased energy
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, and/or helplessness
- Feelings of hopelessness and/or pessimism
- Insomnia, early-morning wakefulness, or excessive sleeping
- Irritability, restlessness
- Loss of interest in activities or hobbies once pleasurable, including sex
- Overeating or appetite loss
- Persistent aches or pains, headaches, cramps, or digestive problems that do not ease even with treatment
- Persistent sad, anxious, or "empty" feelings
- Thoughts of suicide, suicide attempts
Common symptoms for anxiety (according to WEBMD) include...
- Difficulty concentrating
- Irritability or explosive anger
- Muscle tension
- Sleep disturbances
- Personality changes, such as becoming less social
Call to set up an appointment 213-417-8884